[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Sep 28 22:42:37 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann wrote:

Hi Rupert,

> Are we talking about backend extensions here?

No ;)

> that would only help for the BE.

True.. It worked for me, cause the first request after clearing the
cache will include the ext_tables files as well.. sorry for the confusion.

We could make this to work by moving the "Autoloader" block some lines
up before the "Include configuration" block in index_ts.php
And then replace the last line
'language' => t3lib_extMgm::extPath('lang') . 'lang.php',
by
'language' => PATH_site.'typo3/sysext/lang/lang.php',
in t3lib/core_autoload.php

Then autoloaders registered in ext_localconf would be loaded after the
TYPO3 autoloader.

But I can see that this is a quite radical change..

After all, if we only need the ext_autoload.php file for extbase itself,
nobody will complain. I was under the impression, that every extbase
extension needs to register all of it's classes explicitly which seemed
rather tedious.

Bastian