[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Sep 28 20:56:14 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann wrote:

Hi Rupert,

>> are there reasons against this?

> yes there are ;-) [...]
> if there is an autoloader registered in an extension this autoloader
> will be first in the autoloader stack.

Right, I remember the discussion. But I've just checked and actually
ext_tables-files are included _after_ (init.php:363) the
t3lib_autoloader has been registered (init.php:184) (btw:
ext_localconf-files will be loaded _earlier_).
And because spl_autoloader works like a queue (FIFO) rather than a
stack, the TYPO3 autoloader will be fired first!

That's good news, cause I'm sure, that there are other extensions out
there that add their own autoloader (e.g. extensions, that include
another framework like ZF).

So, if nobody objects, I'd move the autoloader registration from the
dispatcher to ext_tables and get rid of the huge ext_autoload.php files
in extbase, fluid & blog_example.

All the best,
Bastian