[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Sep 28 15:03:32 CEST 2009

Bastian Waidelich schrieb:
> Maybe we should move the registration of the autoloader from the
> dispatcher to Extbase's ext_tables.php or are there reasons against this?

yes there are ;-)
have a look at this changeset:
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/diff/typo3v4-mvc/extbase/trunk/ext_localconf.php?rev=990

if there is an autoloader registered in an extension this autoloader
will be first in the autoloader stack. The core autoloader which is
registered some lines later in the installation  process will be second
in the stack.
If now a call to a core file triggers an autoloader call this call will
fist hit the extbase autoloader - which fails, after doing some
expensive convertCamelCaseToLowerCaseUnderscored stuff - and then it
hits the core autoloader.
This slows down the complete core if extbase is installed, and therefore
jochen moved the autoloader registration to the dispatcher.

greets
rupert