[TYPO3-core] RFC #9355: Add an error and exception handler (backported from FLOW3)

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Sep 7 17:36:04 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Hi *,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9355
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> Although we we use exceptions now, we do not have an exception handler yet.
>
> Solution:
> FLOW3 offers a quite nice exception handler that is easy to adopt for
> TYPO3 4.x. The attached patch introduces a backport of that error and
> exception handling system.
>
> Notes, how it works:
> First, there is an error handler that transforms errors into exceptions
> Then there are two different exception handler, one for production, and
> one for debugging / development.
> The debug exception handler shows a nice backtrace of the exception. The
> production exception handler only displays a message that something went
> wrong. Both handlers provide a link to typo3.org to look up details on
> what went wrong.
> Whether the debug exception handler is chosen depends on your setting of
> SYS.displayErrors (set to "2" it will also show you the debug backtrace
> when coming from the devIPmask, but to nobody else).

Thanks for your work on this feature!
Can you please point out what was backported from FLOW3 using the script?
I think it's fine if we have some deviations to FLOW3 here for
displaying errors using already existing methods and/or hooks.
Ingo, do you think that's possible?

@all others: Please test Ingo's patch. Don't concentrate on styling
issues or CGL issues. Send feedback whether the technical part serves
your demand for an error/exception handling in TYPO3 4.3.
Templating, styling (the most non-technical part) can be solved when
it's for sure that the feature does what it should do. Thanks!

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3