[TYPO3-core] RFC #6872: Add suggest-like feature to TCEforms

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri Sep 4 12:09:57 CEST 2009

hi Andreas,

Andreas Wolf schrieb:
> Rupert Germann schrieb:
>>> 2) IE7 only: When I select an item from the suggestion list, the
>>> title of this item is always "undefined" in the 'selected' box.
>>> After saving the record, everything looks fine.
>> confirmed
>
> I'll test it tomorrow, when I have access to Win/IE again.

thanks

>>> 3) All browsers: If result items have long titles, the title in the
>>> dropdown list breaks into two or more lines, smashing the layout (see
>>> appended screenshot).
>> confirmed
>
> This is fixed in attached v9. Just took a little CSS tweak.

great. in can confirm that it works on FF3 (linux) and IE7 winXP

>> I want it in 4.3, too.
>> but in the current state the patch still needs a lot of work
>> my zend gives my quite a lot of warning concerning not used or not
>> existing vars.
>
> Are you sure these are coming from my patch? I was rather sure that I
> declared all variables I'm using. But it is quite possible that there
> are some glitches, as this patch has gone through more than 1 1/2 years
> of development and at least nine versions upto today.

the admin panel file is still in your patch.
typo3/sysext/fe_edit/view/class.tx_feedit_adminpanel.php

that file doesn't exist at this place anymore in trunk.
and I'm quite shure that it doesn't belong to the patch
(updating or reverting to trunk does not delete moved files - you have
to delete those files manually)

"formfield" is passed from the js file to function processAjaxRequest()
but it's never used.

$this is passed to function queryTable() where it is never used
when queryTable() is called recursively (the unused var) $ref is
overwritten with $recursionCounter (which is also not used)

still in function queryTable():
$rows[$table . '_' . $uid] = $this->renderRecord($row, $entry);

$table will always be empty at this point

this can result in strange behaviour when records with the same uid but
from different tables are in the result.

that's all I found for now ;-)

greets
rupert