[TYPO3-core] RFC #6872: Add suggest-like feature to TCEforms

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Sep 3 18:04:05 CEST 2009

hi,

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> I spotted some more issues, testing on Win/
> IE7,FF3.0,Opera-9.6,safari-3.2.2 and Ubuntu FF3.0
>
> 1) The key of the frontend editing sysext is misspelled:
> you use fe_edit, but it should be feedit.

that file didn't belong to the patch and it doesn't exist in trunk anymore.

> 2) IE7 only: When I select an item from the suggestion list, the title
> of this item is always "undefined" in the 'selected' box. After saving
> the record, everything looks fine.

confirmed

> 3) All browsers: If result items have long titles, the title in the
> dropdown list breaks into two or more lines, smashing the layout (see
> appended screenshot).

confirmed

 > Since cropping is used here with
> BE_USER->uc['titleLen'], the width of the dropdown list should be raised
> accordingly to avoid linebreaks. Individual setting of the title lenght
> would be even more comfortable (like
> TCEFORM.default.suggest.maxPathTitleLength). Reducing the title lenght
> on a user basis to <19 is not an option here ;-)
> Another solution would be to fix the layout to support multiline item
> titles.

I think the latter one would be best.

> 4) Wishlist: Take ['ctrl']['label_alt'] and ['label_alt_force'] into
> account in the SELECT part of
> t3lib_TCEforms_Suggest_DefaultReceiver->prepareSelectStatement()

I'd say this is a very important missing feature.
as a be user I woud expect suggest to search in the visible titles.

that means if I have set
label, label_alt, label_alt2 and label_alt_force
suggest should search in all 3 fields.

> Once again thank you very much, the suggest feature is a very cool thing.

I want it in 4.3, too.
but in the current state the patch still needs a lot of work
my zend gives my quite a lot of warning concerning not used or not
existing vars.

I'll post an improved version of this evening.

greets
rupert