[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11771: Cleanup of tceforms.php

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Sep 2 00:17:40 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Ritter schrieb:
>
>> +1 by reading,
>> but one question, what does this function do, and why worked it
>> without the parameter? If it is not needed - as it has not been there,
>> why not completely remove it from the function body.
>>

> in the function the $field is used as array key:
> $rowCopy[$field] = $imgPath;
> and needed for the call t3lib_BEfunc::thumbCode
>
> It works with empty $field but raise a warning, which i eleminated.
>
>> I would like you to split up when committing, so that the functional
>> change of previeFieldValue could be reverted alone
>
> no functional change, only warnings eleminated, so no need to split.

I consider this one in previewFieldValue() as bugfix. It's not just a
warning but wrong code that maybe never worked as it was expected to do.

I guess the same behaviour exists in TYPO3_4-2... Can you please create
a bug report about that, so we can dig into it later on during bug
fixing? Thanks!

olly
--
Oliver Hader