[TYPO3-core] RFC #12391: Remove deprecated methods in t3lib_htmlmail

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Oct 29 20:33:01 CET 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi Olly and Ernesto,
>
>>> Problem:
>>> Methods quoted_printable() and convertName() were announced to be
>>> removed in TYPO3 4.3
>>>
>>> Solution:
>>> Actually do what was said.
>>
>> It would be obvious to remove these parts, however some other people
>> requested a deprecation log for these outdated methods. Thus, we have to
>> integrate the logDeprecation() call there an can remove it with TYPO3
>> 4.4.
>
> For me it does not hurt to leave them a bit more. My patches are there
> only to clean-up Core. Yet, I don't really get the point of deprecating
> something in 4.0, leave it.

Me neither. But TYPO3 behaved like PHP in this regard. Stuff gets deprecated but won't be removed.
Now we have the deprecation warnings and stuff will get removed.

BTW, I was wondering that you wrote "will be removed in 4.4". Wasn't that there decision to remove
stuff only after 2 versions from "now"? Or does this apply only for new deprecations (new in 4.3)?

Masi