[TYPO3-core] RFC #12351: Clean-up SQL parser and SQL engine

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Oct 26 17:44:41 CET 2009

Hi,

> Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
>> It's a bit tricky in all cases as we have this in Core:
>>
>> class t3lib_sqlengine extends t3lib_sqlparser
>>
>> and in DBAL:
>>
>> class ux_t3lib_sqlengine extends t3lib_sqlengine
>> class ux_t3lib_sqlparser extends t3lib_sqlparser
>>

> Just to add another point - why did you pick "private" instead of
> "protected" as visibility for some methods? Imho due to the fact that
> the files provide the possibility to use XCLASSes the methods should
> have "protected" as their visibility.
>
> The patch looks reasonable besides that and seems to work fine for me.

As already said, because I tried to restrict as much as possible according to what is currently needed by DBAL which is the only extension I know (and I'm pretty sure that ever exists) XCLASSing those
classes.

But I would be OK to make private methods protected instead.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en