[TYPO3-core] RFC #10411: sqlparser is not able to parse more than 1 join

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Oct 26 12:36:10 CET 2009

Hi Ernesto,

> I would love to have that in, but it is pretty difficult to guarantee
> that such a change hasn't side effects because of the large amount of
> not-documented regexps. So this is probably why you get so little
> volunteers to give their "+1".
>
> I guess it would be much easier to get changes to the SQL parser in if
> we would have unit tests coverting all lines of code. That would make it
> pretty easy to change / add stuff, without breaking other stuff.
>
> Do you think it is possible that you could "kickstart" are least some
> unit tests (maybe documenting your particular fix)?

I was thinking about adding unit tests for a while now. I agree that it would be the only "real" solution to be sure not to break something.

Question: what is the "politic" of adding visibility modifiers (public/private/protected) to existing classes of t3lib? Because unit tests should only cover public methods, not internals. I would like
to first add as many "public" and "protected" as possible and then/in parallel create unit tests. I guess nothing can be made private as it is extended by DBAL and for sure used there (I did not yet
analyze all lines).

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en