[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #12300: Output compression breaks prompt for keyboard input in CLI scripts

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:56:12 CEST 2009

Hi!

Rupert Germann wrote:
> FYI: the attached patches were committed to
> 4_2 branch rev 6219
> 4_1 branch rev 6220

The patch is a hack. I would like to revert it. We should not put hacks into the core.

This patch does not prevent ob_start() and compression but undoes it. What's the point to start it and then undo? Isn't it better simply skip ob_start() when running in the CLI mode?

In addition the patch has this:

+header('Content-Encoding: None', TRUE);

Headers are not shown in CLI output, so this code is not needed.

I would prefer a different solution: do not start compression if it is a CLI mode. It is a much cleaner way. See the attached patch.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd