[TYPO3-core] RFC: #539. bug - lang-children should be deleted when deleting parent-record in default language

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Oct 20 22:16:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

> FYI: commited to trunk rev 6192

Hurray for this bug being fixed and for all the other related ones
coming up!

I was the original reporter for this bug back in 2004, but I never got
around to working on it.

Tons of thanks to Tolleiv for coming up with this huge work!

I was actually looking at the patch (even though it had enough votes),
but I wasn't fast enough. I still have a couple of remarks:

- in t3lib_TCEmain::deleteL10nOverlayRecords(), the first line is:

if ($table == 'pages') return;

1) it does not respect CGL, it should be:

if ($table == 'pages') {
	return;
}

2) isn't that test a bit too restrictive? It's not just about the pages
table, but about all tables that use a separate table for translations.
I know there's probably only the pages table doing that, but what if
somewhat used that mechanism in an extension? So shouldn't the test be:

if (!empty($GLOBALS['TCA'][$table]['ctrl']['transForeignTable'])) {
	return;
}

just after that:

3) why is there a call to t3lib_div::loadTCA()? Only the ctrl section is
tested for further down, so there's no need to load the full TCA for the
table.

- in t3lib_userAuthGroup::checkFullLanguagesAccess(), just some small
CGL niggles, for which I'm attaching a patch here.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter