[TYPO3-core] RFC #12205: Cannot login after upgrade from 4.2 due to missing authentication method

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:34:55 CEST 2009

Hi!

Rupert Germann wrote:
> Solution:
> to ease live of admins I suggest to add the attached patch which adds
> "did you clear the tempCACHE* files after updating your site?" to the
> "no auth methods..." popup.

I would prefer to have this information in INSTALL.txt and ask users to look there. Here is my reasons:
- it is less technical. We should aim to be less technical to ordinary users. When they call admins, it is much easier to say "TYPO3 asks to look INSTALL.txt for the solution" than to say "it asks if deleted.... hold on, I'll read it... temp undescore cache asterisk in typo3 conf slash" :)
- while it is easy to know that there is a typo3conf/, I would prefer not to advertise it to anybody. The less random people know about directory structure, the less chances they will go looking for some files there
- INSTALL.txt is generally a good common place for such information

What do you think?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd