[TYPO3-core] RFC #12205: Cannot login after upgrade from 4.2 due to missing authentication method

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Oct 15 09:15:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12205

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
After updating an existing site to 4.3 it can happen that the login only
displays "No authentication methods available. Please, contact your
TYPO3 administrator." after submitting the form.

I investigated this and found that this happens if the update is done
following these steps:

1. Have a site running on 4.2.
2. be shure that there are temp_CACHED* files in typo3conf/ (don't
delete them before updating)
3. Update the source to the latest 4.3 trunk.
4. Perform a DB but update DONT'T execute "install(New)Sysexts" in the
update wizard (that would delete the temp files)
5. Try to login to the BE.

alternative way to reproduce:
- have a site running 4.3
- edit the temp_CACHED_localconf file and delete the registration for
the loginform hook in the sv extension part
(that was the situation when rsaauth was added
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11016 and we all saw this message
because we did a svn update and tried to login to BE without clearing
the cache files before)

this shows already the solution:
clearing the cache files will do the trick.
(it seems that this was not needed in earlier versions)

Solution:
to ease live of admins I suggest to add the attached patch which adds
"did you clear the tempCACHE* files after updating your site?" to the
"no auth methods..." popup.

greets
rupert