[TYPO3-core] RFC #11326: Bug: Memcached backend does not work well if page's Cache expires set to 1 month

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Thu Oct 15 01:29:30 CEST 2009

Hi all,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11326

Branches: trunk

Problem:
If page's "Cache expires" ('cache_timeout' field) set to 1 month then
Memcached backend does not cache page.
It is because $TCA['pages'] has 2678400 secs (31 days) as value for 1
month 'cache_timeout' but memcached considers any value greater than
2592000 (30 days) as unix timestamp not as timeout secs.
I've not checked with APC backend but the bug supposed to be there too
for the same reason.

Solution:
1 month' timeout changed 31 days -> 30 days in $TCA['pages'] definition.

Notes:
Also I added note to t3lib_cache_backend_memcachedbackend::set(). There
was same note for t3lib_cache_backend_apcbackend::set() so I've copied
one. But point here that I'm not sure the first note in apcbackend is
needed as I did not find in docs that there is limit there (for APC),
probably original note was intended for memcachedbackend not for
apcbackend. If it is the case then original note could be deleted from
apcbackend.

--
-rgds-
Vladimir