[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #12162: Several bugfixes and features by Kasper

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 14 18:05:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

here a post review

* Tiny bug with date function in t3lib_befunc. Casted timestamp to
integer. (rev 6116)

+1

* Added User TSconfig option "options.checkPageLanguageOverlay" so
flexforms only show language fields for languages available on the page.
(rev 6117)

+1 - documentation was added to wiki

* Fixed problem with notification emails to users when a workspace
review rejection happens. Now it works (rev 6118)

* Added possibility to reset the diff-information for localizations so
translators or admins can click a button that will mark a record so it
appears to be in need of translation again. (rev 6118)

* Fixed problem with "Save and view" for new pages: Simply removed the
button for new pages because it didn't choose the right PID anyway. (rev
6118)

1. issue) only one line changed:
$emails =
array_merge($emails,$this->notifyStageChange_getEmails($dat['userid'],TRUE));

+1

2. issue) a new button (both are not t3skin), but i think it's very
seldom used. Only chance to get the buttons displayed is the setting
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['explicitConfirmationOfTranslation'] = '1'

The issue makes sense from reading, +1. I attached a screenshot of the
buttons, maybe someone wants to create new ones for t3skin.

3. issue) setting $this->viewId = 0; for new pages - +1 on reading and
testing

* Implemented an override of allowed language per workspace. This is an
expert feature available as a USER TSconfig option
"options.workspaces.allowed_languages" (rev 6119)

+1, is documented in Wiki

* Expanded the feature that disables/enables login in a branch so now
you can allow a login but force the usergroups to be "0,-2" (basically,
that no usergroups are set for the user). This can help to reduce
multiple caching of similar pages in case of many usergroup combinations
in a system. (rev 6120)

I see this a performance issue. However you should know that a new value
for usergroups exists now, it's the field "Login Mode" (fe_login_mode)
in page properties. The values are:

1: disableAll (Disable user login completely)
2: enable ((Re-)Enable logins)
3: disablegroups (Allow logins, but not usergroups) <= NEW

I don't know where to document it, but at least in the editors handbook.
Francois?

+1

* Implemented a simple hook after retrieval of a page from cache.

it's a hook - +1

* Fixed bug in Addwizard: It didn't work properly with wizard for other
pages. Took the wrong table name. Thanks to Hassan AIT ABDELLAH,
Dassault Systemes, for the fix. (rev 6121)

I'm not really in this change as it seems to have something to do with
workspace behaviour. I trust Kasper that this change is ok.

Finally all works and is ok, only CGL isn't used, lines are commented
out instead of deleting, and labels were changed (olly already fixed this)

So here is my follow-up cleaning patch, which i will commit in 24 hours
if noone complains.

vg Steffen