[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12229: stdWrap has date but no gmdate

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Oct 14 11:24:24 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> 10 = TEXT
> 10.field = tstamp
> 10.strftime= %a %H:%i
> 10.strftime.gm = 1
> 10.strftime.gm.offset = -5.5
>
> But i don't see a good usecase for it except using "now", please
> convince me :)

The only use case I see for "offset" are "foreign" data with a know offset to GM *or* local time
(depending on the setting of the "gm" property).

Also I wouldn't use floats but the usual format (with a colon) or an offset in minutes. Bt of course
we could allow all three formats.

10 = TEXT
10.field = tstamp
10.strftime= %a %H:%i
10.strftime.offset = -02:30
# 10.strftime.offset = -150
# 10.strftime.offset = -2.5

But does anybody *really* need this? The offset could be applied to the data somewhere else during
the rendering process.

Masi