[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12229: stdWrap has date but no gmdate

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Oct 14 10:58:07 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Steffen Kamper <info at sk-typo3.de>

> idea isn't bad ;) I would prefer to use hour offset, but allow double
> because of the half hour offsets. Also i would use it as property of gm
>
> 10 = TEXT
> 10.field = tstamp
> 10.strftime= %a %H:%i
> 10.strftime.gm = 1
> 10.strftime.gm.offset = -5.5
>
> But i don't see a good usecase for it except using "now", please
> convince me :)

Hi Steffen,

sure it's possible to use both proposed parameters in combination but it
was thought as alternative. Nevertheless it makes sense to use both,
i.e. when you don't  know the timezone you need to use but the "offset"
or "timeshift" (yeah thats cool ;-) ), the difference i.e. to GMT.

I have two points I don't understand at your proposition:

1) why do you note gm when you mean GMT - why don't you take GMT like
it's wellknown and logical?

2) Why you like to take a timezone as parameter instead of value? It
isn't any feature like a MENU that needs a parameter to activate a whole
configuration branche, so it's a bit ugly in my eyes.
Additionally you've to define all timezones as parameters I think or did
you want to define only one for GMT?

Best Regards
David