[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11503: HTML5 doctype implementation

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Tue Oct 13 12:39:55 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> But back to the topic: I think it's too early to adopt HTML5 with a switch. You can already set the
> DTD via a config option so a built-in support is not really. Especially if no other rendering flags
> are set/preset when this DTD is active.

I agree that it's too early. HTML5 is still a working draft, not a
specification. Although it seems to reach its final specification, it is
still work in progress. Who knows what will happen between now and the
official specification.

For instance, the whole HTML vs XHTML part has a "Controversial Working
Draft" status, which means anything can happen.

Cheers

Patrick