[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12169: Sitemap: Recently updated pages broken

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Oct 12 23:58:45 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> after testing, reading and analyzing the result is to revert #10050.
> I tried to find the reason for that change, and the example doesn't work
> either after the patch. The slide feature was integrated for content
> slide and can't work with pages (because of pidInList).
> For the purpose of #10050 there is another solution using levelfield.
>
> Then we don't need a change for the updated menu.

Hello Oliver and Steffen,

As we just talked over Skype, we found out that the best solution would
be to revert #10050. Finding a "media" field with content in the
rootline can get achieved using "levelmedia" or "levelfield":

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.2.1/view/1/2/#id4252676

(Just search for levelfield)

I gave my "+1" to the #10050 patch, because I wanted to be able to
select "static_" records from the rootpage (0). But I just noticed that
already some months before #10050, Masi commited patch "#7812" which
made this possible.

(I think I just looked at some older version when giving the +1 for this
feature, and didn't know it had been solved otherwise).

As just mentioned in my reply to the #10050 thread, this patch also
introduced a litte bit of security issue - not a big issue. But an admin
could use TypoScript to output BE-User records on a FE page

Shame on me! So we should just Revert this directly and nothing will be
broken anymore *uff*

greets,
Bernhard