[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12169: Sitemap: Recently updated pages broken

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 12 16:48:21 CEST 2009

Oliver Hader schrieb:

> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi Ernesto,
>>
>> thx for pointing to this change. i was wondering, because without my
>> change it looked like it never worked before ...
>>
>> So changing back in this place is the better fix, see v2
>
> But this reverts the bugfix of #10050...

Hi,

true, but the fact is that #10050 introduced this new bug. pidInList
could not be "0" before, as "0" was discarted by
tslib_cObject::getWhere. This was being "used" by the "changed" menu
type. I must confess that it is ugly and that Oli's fix + Steffen's
original fix to the updated menu is reasonable.

But on the other hand, we don't know if pidInList parameter was being
used by tslib_cObject::getWhere somewhere else (extensions, maybe even
in the core, or maybe some TypoScript).

On the "other hand" (third hand??) we can also argue that this was not
documented "feature" of pidInList and we could change this behaviour
assuming noone used it that way before.

So I am still undecided on how to proceed. Maybe Oli or Steffen has a
magical solution to the problem?

Cheers,
Ernesto