[TYPO3-core] RFC #12154: Improve flashmessages API

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri Oct 9 13:40:59 CEST 2009

Bastian Waidelich schrieb:
> FYI in the FLOW3 version we have a method for retrieving "getAll()" and
> one for retrieving and flushing the messages "getAllAndFlush()":
> http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/entry/package-flow3/trunk/Classes/MVC/Controller/FlashMessageContainer.php
>
> Maybe that is a bit more "explicit"!? (I didn't review the patch yet,
> just an idea)

Although I already changed the function comment I like the idea of
having more descriptive method names.

Since this API is brand new we still have the possibility to change it.

I would rename those two functions:
t3lib_MessageQueue::getMessages() to getAllMessagesAndFlush()
and
t3lib_FlashMessage::getStoreInSession() to isSessionMessage()

something else that should be changed?

greets
rupert