[TYPO3-core] RFC #12154: Improve flashmessages API

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 9 09:13:36 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:

> this is a SVN patch request (second try ;-) ).
>
> Type: clean-up/improvement
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12154
>
> Branches: Trunk
>
> Problem:
> The current handling of the message queue for flashmessages happens in
> template.php and is quite unflexible.
> Storing the messages in the user session is very performance intensive
> and it is not needed in all cases.
>
> Solution:
> the patch adds a new class which handles the message queue
> (t3lib_MessageQueue). All message-handling functions from template.php
> are moved to t3lib_MessageQueue.
> the patch also extends the flashmessages object by a parameter which
> configures whether the message is stored in the session (these messages
> will survive redirects) or store them in the messagequeue object (default).

Nice, Rupi, thanks a lot! +1 on reviewing and testing.

Please add some comment to the t3lib_MessageQueue::getMessages that it
has the side effect of cleaning the messaged which were fetched (so that
they can only be fetched once).

This has to be documented somewhere, the Core API would be the best place.

I will follow-up some more thoughts on the Flash Messaging stuff in the
4.3.general list.

Cheers,
Ernesto