[TYPO3-core] RFC #12154: Improve flashmessages API

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 8 22:18:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Solution:
> the patch adds a new class which handles the message queue
> (t3lib_MessageQueue). All message-handling functions from template.php
> are moved to t3lib_MessageQueue.
> the patch also extends the flashmessages object by a parameter which
> configures whether the message is stored in the session (these messages
> will survive redirects) or store them in the messagequeue object (default).

+1 after reading and testing, including storage into session and
"redirect survival". I'm attaching here a test extension which can be
used for such purpose. At the bottom of the screen, you'll find a link
which triggers a redirection (click on "redirection"). In such a case
you should see an additional flash message on top of the other ones.

Thanks a lot for your patience and for taking the various opinions and
wishes into account.

--

Francois Suter