[TYPO3-core] RFC #12130: Improve performance of flashmessages

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Oct 7 14:56:50 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> But after the redirect, you might still want to display the message
> "Record deleted" or "Record updated" or even a list of errors while
> deleting / saving. This is where you need to carry the flash message
> from one hit (POST) to the next one (redirected GET).

absolutely hypthetic.
currently something like this is not used in the core at all. If
something bad happens which causes a message (currently only used in
tcemain) the user gets a page with only the error message(s) and a
"continue" button.
I don't see a reason why we should change this behaviour.
There's no problem to render the tcemain messages with the flashmessage
API (have a look at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12138)

Or what did I overlook? ;-)

greets
rupert