[TYPO3-core] RFC #12130: Improve performance of flashmessages

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 6 20:02:33 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> But I currently don't see where this could be needed. Can someone give
>> me an example where this could happen?
>
> Francois had a real-world example if I understood him right.
>
>> How would such an ajax flashmessage be displayed? where?
>
> Not yet 100% implemented but example in EXT:mvc_exjs_samples.

just to mention, i also thought this and discussed it with Rupi.

Every Ajax call has his own instance. So if an error happens or
something else to be reported, the Ajax instance has to be the one
displaying it. As the page isn't reloaded, the request has to push the
message into DOM. So Rupi is right, there is no need or possibility for
the main instance to render flashmessages from the requests.

Mostly an ExtJS App has his own ways to report like Tooltips or
Messageboxes.

vg Steffen