[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #12835: Caching error when clearing indexed search elements in info module

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 30 11:59:36 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi Masi,
>>
>> Martin Kutschker schrieb:

>>> I hope that the multitude of checks is worth the speed. Doesn't seem
>>> to be easy to maintain.
>>>
>> the drawback of having 2 cache-systems.
>
> Forget it. There are other (IMHO better) ways to handle to systems, but they again introduce
> objects. And it seems to me that Rupi wanted to get rid of them.

that was exact the reason to get the performance improved.

> PS: I didn't notice before but it's interesting that the switch comes with a constant and not with a
> config var like other TYPO3 settings.

there is a conf var as usual:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['useCachingFramework']

But you're right additional there is a constant defined in
config_default "TYPO3_UseCachingFramework" - for checks it looks much
more clean imho, and as this is a important basic setting i like the
constant.

vg Steffen