[TYPO3-core] RFC #12506: Bug: JSMENU does not respect mount point overlays

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Nov 22 19:40:18 CET 2009

Hi Jörg,

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] schrieb:
> To easily reproduce the problem and its cure take these steps:
>
> - build a page tree like this:
> P1     (Home)
>   P2
>     P3
>   P4
>     P6 (Mount Point of P2, "Substitute Mount Point" checked)
>   P6   (Mount Point of P4)
>   P6   (Mount Point of P4, "Substitute Mount Point" checked)
>
> - use the TS setup below
>
> This will render three JSMENUs with different depths and a conventional
> text menu (for comparison).
> Best way to control the JSMENU URLs is to look into the HTML source of
> the generated page where you find the JS declarations of all menues with
> the URLs they link to.
>
> WITHOUT the patch only those JSMENU items will link to the correct URL
> that do not contain a substitute MP anywhere in their rootline.
>
> WITH the patch all JSMENU items on all levels link correctly (AKA
> identical to the links in the text menu).
>
> Please make sure to use my revised patch as of today (also attached to
> this posting)!

Generally +1 by reading and testing with some comments:

"$MP_array_sub = $MP_array;" <- you don't need that line, just use the
original $MP_array. Or was there a special reason for that?

Like your other patch: Please take care that you patch against the TYPO3
root so we can easily apply the patch without searching for the
corresponding file.
(http://typo3.org/development/bug-fixing/diff-and-patch/)

Some spaces after "," where missing according to CGL
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/current/)

Attached is a new version of your patch where I fixed those things.

Best regards,

Susanne