[TYPO3-core] FYI72: Fix bug #12618: Validation issue in sysext lowlevel: Fix some warnings

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Nov 19 18:08:21 CET 2009

Hey,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> - <a> cannot copy name attribute to id: The name attribute is deprecated
>> and we should use id instead. The id's are unique, created by md5, but
>> must not start with a number. Solution is to switch to id and add "a" as
>> first character.
>
> Looks ok to me, but what do you mean with "cannot copy name attribute to id"? AFAIR at least for for
> elements the specs say if both id and name are used they should (must?) be the same *.
>
> I see no reason why the anchor needs both id and name, I only wonder that you write "cannot".

Thats just the warning message of tidy, here is the complete explanation:

In XHTML, the "name" attribute has been deprecated and replaced by the
"id" attribute. If you want to keep both tags for compatibility reasons,
the values should be the same. This error is generated when only the
"name" attribute exists and that tidy try to copy the value of the name
in the id attribute. But an "id" must begin with a letter (A-Za-z).

Regards
Christian