[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12396: BUG: PHP Warning produced by "t3lib_div::flushOutputBuffers"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Nov 17 02:46:22 CET 2009

Am 29.10.2009, 17:17 Uhr, schrieb Michael Klapper
<mick.mail.typo3 at googlemail.com>:

> Problem:
> The method "t3lib_div::flushOutputBuffers()" produces a PHP Warning
> after each run of the "cli_dispatch.phpsh" script.
>
> The reason for that is that all available buffer are cleared by the
> method and after that the method send an "header". There is no reason to
> send a header at the comandline.
>
> Solution:
> Remove the send "header" statement.
>
> Notes:
> - The method is currently only at the cli_dispatch.phpsh in usage
>    See: typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh:120:t3lib_div::flushOutputBuffers()
> - The PHP Warning is stored in the sys_log table.

Could you please have a look at #12498 as well, please?

What's the warning mentioned here? In #12498 I want to move the header()
before the ob_* calls, as it doesn't work.

There I also proposed a usecase for this function (phpunit).

So have you tested this with BE compression enabled? I'm pretty sure that
this function will be useless without the header() call for non-CLI mode.

As I currently don't have time to investigate in deepth, I'm unsure - but
currently I'm for reverting this and really disabling the output
compression for CLI mode.

Maybe I find time to talk to Michael tomorrow as he's although here at
T3UXW.

Steffen