[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12616: Set recycler height dynamic

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 16 22:37:30 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 16.11.2009 20:05 Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> By setting the height automatic (viewportHeight - containerTop - margin)
>> we don't need to set it in user settings.
>>

> I have tested with FF3.5 on Ubuntu 9.10 and FF3.0, Safari4, Opera10,
> IE6, IE7 on WinXP.
> It works on any platform except for IE6, where the grid does not resize.
> Personally I don't care about IE6. But maybe keeping a user setting for
> the IE6 victims would help. A default value of 0 would use automatic
> resize, any other value a fixed size. But you decide, I don't insist.

ahrg, the beloved one. Ok, as it's extJS we easy can provide the fixed
height og 600 for IE6 only if he doesn't want to learn official methods.

> Opera10 works, but has some useless padding of appr. 100px on the
> bottom. But IMHO it's cosmetic.

opera seems to be the opposite of safari - we anyway have to find a
compromise for all browsers. Why don't they trust to JS and deliver
correct dimensions ...

> +1 after reading and testing.
>
> Please don't forget to also remove the CSH file locallang_csh_mod.xml if
> you decide not to keep the user setting.

thx, no, olly already mentioned and i had it in mind.

vg Steffen