[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12614: Debug output destroys BE HTML

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 16 22:17:53 CET 2009

Hi,

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Thanks for the patch - it's related or "the successor" of RFC #12598
> (flashmessages for sqlDebug). I'm also in doubt whether it one shall be
> able to define how this appears, e.g.
> * debug() just behaves like now
> * debug(t3lib_div::DEBUG_FLASHMESSAGES) uses flash messages

would be a possibility. The switch has to be a global var in
TYPO3_CONF_VARS as the method is a static one. In any case i'm for
default flashmessages as it don't destroy output in BE.

btw - i removed a "suspect" feature of debug as i see no real usage for it.
As you have the 2nd parameter (title) there was a way to use negative
values like
t3lib_div::debug($var, -10);
This leaded to an output of 10 <br /> befor debug message

If you think this is still useful (please mention for what :) ) then
shout loud

vg Steffen