[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12518: Reports module doesn't support EXT: syntax

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 9 21:23:47 CET 2009

Hi,

> But actually I don't understand the issue. The autoloader is great and I was always in favour of it,
>  but the EXT-syntax works everywhere in TYPO3. It's inconsistent if it doesn't work here. Not that
> it bothers me too much, but the fierceness of your resistence is surprising.

Well mostly I think that it's somehow wrong to invest time to support
this old syntax, when there's already so much to do to finish 4.3.
Reports and Scheduler require autoloading, what's the problem? (and BTW
Scheduler *requires* autoloading. The class name is used as a key,
exactly because it didn't have to rely on a long syntax like EXT:...).

I also think that autoloading is much cleaner, and so we should
encourage better practices. Not accepting older practices in new pieces
of code is a good incentive.

I think it is ok if this is well-documented. It is the case for the
Scheduler and it will certainly be the case when the documentation for
the Reports module is done.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter