[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12518: Reports module doesn't support EXT: syntax

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Nov 9 20:57:08 CET 2009

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>
>> But this means that old extensions wishing to make use of the reports
>> module must be changed to work
>> together with the autoloader. Is there anything that could prevent an
>> extension to make such a change?
>
> You need to modify the extension anyway, right? Why not then make use of
> the autoloader?

My concern was that the required might break compatibility with earlier versions of TYPO3.

But actually I don't understand the issue. The autoloader is great and I was always in favour of it,
 but the EXT-syntax works everywhere in TYPO3. It's inconsistent if it doesn't work here. Not that
it bothers me too much, but the fierceness of your resistence is surprising.

Masi