[TYPO3-core] RFC #12429: Method "t3lib_tstemplate::procesIncludes" has misspelled "proces"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Nov 7 03:03:25 CET 2009

Oliver Hader schrieb:

> Please investigate what that "modifies" should tell us (possibly there
> was something in earlier revisions?). Furthmer please add "public" or
> "protected" to the new method name if you can ensure that the new
> processIncludes() is and will be called only inside that class. Thanks!

Hi again,

Attached is an updated diff for this bug. The diff at the bugtracker is
also updated.

I removed the "Modifies" as noone could ever guess what it should have meant
and it was already there since TYPO3 version 3.6.2. But only this single word.

In 3.5.0 the only version before available at sourceforge PHP docs were
missing at all ... so it will remain the "first official PHP doc mystery of TYPO3" ...
If noone objects and has found one already earlier ;)

I made the procesInclude methods "public". I do not know how to cope with this
exactly. It is used at no other places in the core, except t3lib_tsparser_ext,
but this one is inherited from t3lib_tstemplate - so protected would also be
ok. I would rather make it public, as I think it is quite possible to be called
from extensions. It is no low-level method.

greets,
Bernhard