[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12457: Constants from INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT not in Constant Editor

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Nov 7 01:49:53 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> just a question: procesIncludes, is that used by any from outside? If
> not, we could use the protected keyword and correct the spelling name
> instead using this wrong spelled name.
>
> beside that good catch, i will test and review tomorrow.

Theres another patch request:

RFC #12429: Method "t3lib_tstemplate::procesIncludes" has misspelled "proces"

from me, from 2nd november. This fixes the spelling and marks the old "proces"
method as deprectaed. Would be glad if you give your +1 there as it is really
a really simple patch - except the public/protected thingy:

I do now know what the rule is about marking old methods as public/protected.
I mean it could be some extensions utilize this method for including referenced
files - and I would like to keep it public. It is no very specialized method
which should only be callable from within the class.

If the rule is, to make everything protected which is not explicitely for the
sake of being called from extensions, then protected would be ok for me. If I
need this feature in an extension I could still inherit my own class from it
and call it from there ...

greets,
Bernhard