[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12368: Context menu of page tree does not work anymore

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Nov 5 20:01:58 CET 2009

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hm, the whole story is not good since the cleaner backend project just
> moved the focus away from alt_main in TYPO3 4.2. So, this is not a
> problem that was introduced in TYPO3 4.3 and could be fixed in TYPO3
> 4.2.11 as well (if it will be at all).

but alt_main.php is completely broken in 4.2.x (In think since it
exists) so I doubt that someone uses it.
in other words: I'm shure!

> The first comment block in alt_main.php states the following:
> "This file is deprecated since TYPO3 4.2 and will be removed with TYPO3 4.4"

the reality was faster in this case ;-)

fixing all the issues in the not-used file seems to be a lot of our
precious manpower. I could imagige better ways to spend it.

so I vote for leaving the broke file as it is or remove it completely -
I don't really care.
But in any case the js error has to be fixed so I give my

+1 by reading and testing v2

greets
rupert