[TYPO3-core] Alternative patch to RFC #11587: PHP Warnings concerning missing timezone settings under PHP 5.3

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 5 15:00:12 CET 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>>> I don't see why users should complain about the setting. If someone sets
>>> it in PHP, it works (leave it empty in TYPO3) if someone cannot set it
>>> in PHP.ini or wants to override it in TYPO3, use the single setting. So
>>> why add the complexity for users to understand two setting for this?
>> I do not object :) I wanted to provide more flexibility but you got a fair point too. You solution more simple. May be we should use it instead of mine.

The patches uses "phpTimeZone" and "phpTimeZoneForce". I suggest the simple "timeZone". The PHP adds
nothing to the meaning.

And furthermore I suggest to remove the unused "serverTimeZone" (or to reuse it for the new
setting). Having two settings so close at each other with one being non-functional will be confusing.

> Here is a trunk patch with that algorithm in place and also a TYPO3-4_2
> variant with no new setting, but avoiding the warnings by setting the
> "default" if none is found.

This one looks good: +1 by reading.

Masi