[TYPO3-core] Alternative patch to RFC #11587: PHP Warnings concerning missing timezone settings under PHP 5.3

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Nov 5 14:49:40 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> I don't see why users should complain about the setting. If someone sets
>> it in PHP, it works (leave it empty in TYPO3) if someone cannot set it
>> in PHP.ini or wants to override it in TYPO3, use the single setting. So
>> why add the complexity for users to understand two setting for this?
>
> I do not object :) I wanted to provide more flexibility but you got a fair point too. You solution more simple. May be we should use it instead of mine.

Here is a trunk patch with that algorithm in place and also a TYPO3-4_2
variant with no new setting, but avoiding the warnings by setting the
"default" if none is found.

I cannot really test if this solves the problem, because I have no PHP
5.3 to try it. At least didn't seem to break anything in with PHP 5.2...

Cheers,
Ernesto