[TYPO3-core] Status of RFC: #9046: Nested domain linking with domain record on root page

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Nov 4 20:29:09 CET 2009

Am 04.11.2009, 18:25 Uhr, schrieb Ingmar Schlecht <ingmar at typo3.org>:

> Hi Tobi,
>
> I just spent another one hour testing this patch intensively. Everything
> worked as expected, the second patch also fixed the caching problem.
> Also, I think the point Ernesto mentioned earlier in the thread
> regarding the problem of filling the cache up is reduced by the fact
> that you set the forced prepending by default now, which will reduce in
> no double cache entries in that case.
>
> So, +1 after code reviewing and testing!

I had a look at the patch last weekend. As I can't reproduce the problem,
which should be fixed (linking works also without the patch), I can only
confirm that it doesn't break anything.

What's your plan with existing domain records? They have to get the
force-flag with an update wizard to keep the existing behavior, don't they?

The is_siteroot is still needed, isn't it? Would a combination of
is_siteroot=0 and a forced domain record be possible? But IIRC this is a
realurl problem (sorry, was some time ago as I investigated, why the
is_siteroot is needed - but see no reason).

Regards
Steffen