[TYPO3-core] FYI: t3editor update ext_emconf and raise version number

Tobias Liebig mail_typo3 at etobi.de
Wed Nov 4 12:21:47 CET 2009

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Tobias Liebig schrieb:
>
>> Problem:
>> The ext_emconf.php in the t3editor was outdated.
>
> Nice work. Just had a look at the editor (didn't watch recent development closely).

Thanks ;-)

> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is this editor based on my php-description of TypoScript I created a few years
>    ago? Just because of interest. Or did you traverse through whole tslib_content
>    and tslib_fe for yourself? ;)

There is a list of "Keywords" used for syntax highlighting. This list is based (once copied) on the keyword
list for SweeTS.
For the CodeCompletion there is a tsref.xml shipped with the t3editor. This contains all objects, properties
and "relations". Furthermore there is a parser for the templates, so your own properties (like lib.myMenu) is
available in teh CodeCompletion too.

The goal is to get rid of the keyword-list and use this XML for syntax highlighting too.
At some point we may have one generic tsref database from which we can create the tsref.xml for teh t3editor,
for any other Editor and the tSRef-Manual. I talked with Francois about that. But i think its a long way to
get there.

> 2. When the TSRef documentation for a propery gets retrieved - do you retrieve this
>    information from typo3.org?
 >    Is it possible to define a local URL for the documentation? I mean, do not think
 >    I am crazy - but in times of greenhouse effect and CO2 reduction, we should not
 >    teorrorize the internet with really unnecessary requests ;)

we do not request typo3.org. There are just ajax-calls to your own installation, to retrieve the
CodeCompletion informations (based on the local tsref.xml). Retrieved informations are cached on javascripte
side, to reduce the ajax-requests.

> go green - save energy, read offline documentation !!!
+1