[TYPO3-core] FYI: t3editor update ext_emconf and raise version number

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Nov 3 20:41:01 CET 2009

Tobias Liebig schrieb:

> Problem:
> The ext_emconf.php in the t3editor was outdated.

Nice work. Just had a look at the editor (didn't watch recent development closely).

I have two questions:

1. Is this editor based on my php-description of TypoScript I created a few years
   ago? Just because of interest. Or did you traverse through whole tslib_content
   and tslib_fe for yourself? ;)

2. When the TSRef documentation for a propery gets retrieved - do you retrieve this
   information from typo3.org?
   Is it possible to define a local URL for the documentation? I mean, do not think
   I am crazy - but in times of greenhouse effect and CO2 reduction, we should not
   teorrorize the internet with really unnecessary requests ;)
   For example I do not look up TSref, Core-API and TSconfig docu online, neither do
   I look for php functions on "php.de" rather I use downloaded document versions for
   all this stuff - also for selfhtml.
   This also gives you some independence when php.de is slow or other problems occur
   with online documentation.
   So I just guess it would be nice if it is possible to define some local URL where
   the editor can retrieve it's API description from.

BTW: I am also not quite happy having those "bomb" in the upper right corner, allowing
you to view online-TSref for every little itch scratching you.

BTW2: I once read some document on the web, telling every request to google requires
about as much energy as is needed to lighten up a light bulb for quite some time:

http://www.newsboard.at/showthread.php?t=13007

go green - save energy, read offline documentation !!!

greets,
Bernhard