[TYPO3-core] RFC #12426: Code cleanup: Reports: Hard-coded strings for collections in status reports

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 2 22:11:33 CET 2009

Hi,

> Here comes v2, which takes into account Steffen's remark about naming
> and also covers all the hard-coded labels I discovered in the "status"
> subfolder of the "reports" sysext.
>
> This also includes the removal of one unused localized label.

Forget about this v2. It actually causes an error, due to the unused
label that wasn't really unused. However I'm embarrassed as to how to
solve that, because this bug points to an ugly piece of code in
tx_reports_reports_Status::sortStatusProviders(). This uses localized
strings as key in the array, but then those strings are used (in
English!) within that method. This will utterly fail when those strings
are actually localized...

So I need to think about how best to solve this and I'll come up with a
patch for that first. Then we can get back to the localization issue itself.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter