[TYPO3-core] RFC #12426: Code cleanup: Reports: Hard-coded strings for collections in status reports

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Nov 1 23:26:08 CET 2009

Hi,

> Problem:
> The names of the collections in the status reports of hard-coded in the
> status report's code.
>
> Solution:
> Replace them by localized strings

Here comes v2, which takes into account Steffen's remark about naming
and also covers all the hard-coded labels I discovered in the "status"
subfolder of the "reports" sysext.

This also includes the removal of one unused localized label.

What's more it also changes all the hard-coded labels found in the
Install's Tool status provider, as reported by Christopher in the bug
tracker. In this case I introduced a new locallang file, located inside
the "install" sysext.

While working on the Install Tool's reporting about missing or
non-writable directories, that part of the statuses use relative paths,
while another uses absolute paths. Which do you think should be used? I
would favor relative paths, as it is already what is used inside the
Install Tool.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter