[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue May 26 17:01:19 CEST 2009

Hello !

This is a reminder (#1). Again I bumped into the problem of having too few memory for exporting a
large tree.

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> XML still not supported in this patch - if this is a "requirement" it
> wont make it into core - as I do not plan to waste my time on supporting
> xml export of "LARGE" trees. There is also no request for this feature
> in the bugtracker (currently).

To clarify this: XML export DOES work of course as before, but it won't use the "save memory"
feature this patch implements. So exporting an XML instead of a T3D could yield the annoying
"Allowed memory size of -HERE-MY-128-MEGS-FOR-TYPO3- bytes exhausted" message ...

If someone wants to export XML files - he probably wouldn't want to have CDATA or base64 binary
in the XML anyways. So I guess this is useless.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919