[TYPO3-core] RFC #11177: Feature: New options noRescale and resolutionFactor for getImgResource()

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon May 25 09:35:25 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

>> sorry, I like the general idea, but I don't like the way it's done.
>> The "resolutionFactor" is somewhat odd to me. For me it would make
>> much more sense to actually define the dpi (Dots Per Inch), so that
>> based on the given width and height and the dpi you can calculate the
>> total dimensions (default for screen are 72dpi).
>
> OK: I will change that.
> Is the screen-resoution always 72dpi (in this case) or should I use the
> settings in localconf $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['TTFdpi'] ?

screen resolution is afaik always 72dpi - and even if not it would
depend on the output device that you can't control. All images for the
web are generated with 72dpi.

But before changing things based on my personal taste I'd wait for
others to give feedback.

>> Would make much more sense to me and could actually be used for print
>> images. By setting this option the internal dpi value of the image
>> should also get changed (shouldn't be a problem with imageMagick I
>> guess).
>
> Do you know, how this is set with ImageMagick ?

not out of the box. But a quick research showed it should be "-set
density 300", where 300 are the dpi to use. So the complete imageMagick
command should be:
convert image.jpg  -set density 300  output.jpg

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch