[TYPO3-core] RFC #7984: Bug: stdWrap.crop now closes opened tags and counts chars correctly

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Fri May 22 15:53:48 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> hi,
>
> Susanne Moog wrote:
>> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>>> Besides the script thingy:
>>> +1 on reading and testing
>>>
>> I think we can get the script thing later in, this one has enough votes
>> to be committed if I saw that right, if one more is needed:
>>
>> +1 by testing
>
> by testing? please describe what you did.
>
> for me it doesn't work as intended. That's what I did:
>
> I took an empty page end created a root TS on it with the following setup:
>
> page = PAGE
> page.10 = TEXT
> page.10.cropHTML = 30|...
> page.10.value (
>
>    # HTML code of any page
>
> )

This was my test setup:

page = PAGE
page.10 = TEXT
page.10.value (
more text more tags <br /> more text
)
page.10.cropHTML = 30

That results in  <span>something ... here and the</span>

I varied the char count and added the second and third parameter (like
30|...|1 ---> <span>something ... here and...</span>)

By counting the exact amount of chars I noticed just now that it seems
to count the chars inside the brackets, too (like above the chars of
"span"), which results in a lower number of chars being actually
displayed. With the thirty char configuration I just did not notice, but
with one of 5 you see that right away (sorry for having missed that
testing the first time).

So it works but perhaps different than intended.

Regards,

Susanne

--
Susanne Moog