[TYPO3-core] RFC #7984: Bug: stdWrap.crop now closes opened tags and counts chars correctly

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri May 22 15:38:25 CEST 2009

hi,

Susanne Moog wrote:
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> Besides the script thingy:
>> +1 on reading and testing
>>
> I think we can get the script thing later in, this one has enough votes
> to be committed if I saw that right, if one more is needed:
>
> +1 by testing

by testing? please describe what you did.

for me it doesn't work as intended. That's what I did:

I took an empty page end created a root TS on it with the following setup:

page = PAGE
page.10 = TEXT
page.10.cropHTML = 30|...
page.10.value (

   # HTML code of any page

)

I mostly get only "..." in my output because at least a part of the non
visible stuff is taken into account when counting chars.

greets
rupert

PS: besides this I fully agree with Masi: a hardcoded taglist is a NO GO.