[TYPO3-core] RFC #11107: Provide more flexible rendering for "text with image"

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon May 18 16:16:27 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: feature
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11107
>
> Problem:
> Since 4.0 we have an "accessible" rendering for Text with image, which
> has replaced the "table-based" rendering when css_styled_content is
> installed. This works pretty well, but there have been some criticisms:

> How to test:
> To test, just create a sample page with some example elements of the
> type "text with image". Try out:
>
> - 4 images to the left of some text in two columns
> - add some captions to them
> - a single image with no caption
> - single image with caption
>
> Then try out other global settings:
>
> Set this constant (overwriting the default):
> styles.content.imgtext.imageTextSplit = 0
>
> Try out "no rows" checkbox for your elements. Also try out:
> styles.content.imgtext.separateRows = 0

I like this patch a lot as the rendering of the text with image elements
is now much cleaner than before. However testing it can take up some
time with creating elements and changing settings - that's why it took
me so long. Here's finally my +1 by reading and testing. Thanks for
taking care of it :-)

(BTW: I made a T3D of my test sites and settings, so everyone else who
wants to test it can just download the T3D and get started:
http://www.susanne-moog.de/docs/textWImageTestCEs.t3d )

Regards,

Susanne

--