[TYPO3-core] RFC #11105: Feature: Add a method to register an Extbase plugin

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 18 10:29:49 CEST 2009

Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote: on 18.05.2009 09:52:
> Hi Masi,
>
> I think we misunderstood each other :-) When I read your mail now, I
> think I misinterpreted your previous mail.
>
>> I wouldn't add any extension specific code into t3lib. It has nothing to
>> to with ExtBase. I don't like even those existing parts of t3lib that
>> assume extension "cms" is present.
> Yep, I agree.

I also agree that this function should be part of "extbase", something like:

tx_extbase::addPlugin(...)

> If it is technically possible to have this code in Extbase, I'd be fine
> with that. Ingmar said that then, we'd need to make sure that Extbase is
> loaded before any extension depending on it. Is this correct?

That is a job for the Ext.Manager to solve. It should create the extList
based on "dependencies", so if some ext depends on "extbase", that
should be loaded after "extbase". If this is not being done right now,
that would be an(other) issue to solve, as there are lots of other
extensions that also have similar dependencies, using functionality in
ext_tables.php (e.g. depending on "dam" being loaded first).

Cheers,
Ernesto